The ironworks in la Tzintre first opened their doors in 1870. Back in the days, the ironworkers repaired the tools of the local woodcutters and shoed their horses, making the ironworks the heart of the activities in the valley. Both woodcutters and horses have now disappeared. The ironworks remind us of a time, when Charmey and the Jogne valley were an area of rural development.
Today, the ironworks remain just as they used to be with machinery and tools still in place.
The ironworks can be visited upon request.
Reservations can be made at the tourist office in Charmey.